The UK Motoring Directory is a respected resource largely because every listing is manually reviewed against a listing policy.
Please use these guidelines when submitting a listing.
- One listing per 'motoring' category per business.
- No free hosting site URL's (ie Geocities, Weebly).
Business is classified as either online or a street trader.
- Type 1 : Retail Business [with STREET trading address].
In short, it means the business has a street trading address (face to face).
Examples of a typical retail business include garages, mobile services, valet, repairers and car sales with a showroom/yard but also includes organisations and clubs.
- Type 2 : Online Business [with WEB address only].
In short, it means the business trades 'online' and typically does not have a street address.
Examples of typical web based business include Insurance, Finance, Lease, Number Plate Sales, Auctions, Classifieds and Shopping Cart sales categories, where the products/services are sold online (not face-to-face).
Listing Criteria [content is king!]
- Title: The title must accurately match the business name or website title and may not include additional wording. The title must not confuse or mislead in any way.
- Business description: An easy to read overview of the information, products and services written for readers not search engines.
- Categorisation: We do not accept cross-category listings. An Insurance Company listing cannot be seen in Car Sales just as a Lease Company cannot be seen in Rentals.
- Doorway : web sites designed to target and redirect traffic.
- Duplicates : multiple listings in different categories.
- Cloaked : Domain displaying content from a second domain.
Listing (URL) Removal
A one-off removal fee of GB£25.00 is charged to remove a listing (including URL).
Click here to request removal.
Business Classification - More on how to Retail versus Web business
Linking and Reciprocality - Discussion on linking and free traffic.
Thank you for visiting !