The UK Motoring Directory is a respected resource largely because every listing is reviewed by one of our review team before it is accepted into the directory.
We are happy to share our traffic provided our terms and conditions are met.
Please use these guidelines when submitting a listing for inclusion in the directory.
- One listing per ‘motoring’ category.
- Backlink to a home page (top level web address).
- No free hosting site URL’s (ie Geocities, Weebly).
To assist our readers understand what type of business they are seeking, we identify online and street traders.
- Business type 1 : Retail Business [with STREET trading address].
In short, it means the business has a street trading address (face to face).
Examples of a typical retail business include garages, mobile services, valet, repairers and car sales with a showroom/yard but also includes organisations and clubs.
- Business type 2 : Online Business [with WEB SITE address only].
In short, it means the business trades ‘online’ and typically does not have a street address.
Examples of typical web based business include Insurance, Finance, Lease, Number Plate Sales, Auctions, Classifieds and Shopping Cart sales categories, where the products/services are sold online (not face-to-face).
Listing Criteria [content is king!]
- Title: The title must accurately match the business name or web site title and may not include additional wording or keywords. The title must not confuse or mislead the reader in any way.
- Business description: An easy to read description of the information, products or services that the reader will find on the associated web site. Please refrain from over-use of keywords remembering ‘real people’ will be reading your description.
- Categorisation: Business must be listed in the correct business category. We do not accept cross-category listings. An Insurance Company listing cannot be seen in Car Sales just as a Lease Company cannot be seen in Rentals.
No tricks please! We know them all.
- Doorway : web sites designed to target and redirect traffic.
- Duplicates : multiple listings in different categories.
- Cloaked : Domain displaying content from a second domain.
Listing (URL) Removal
A one-off removal fee of GB£25.00 is charged to remove a listing (including URL).
Click here to request removal.
Business Classification – More on how to Retail versus Web business
Linking and Reciprocality – Discussion on linking and free traffic.
Thank you for visiting !